Monday, August 18, 2008

Hello from "the other Hawaii"

That's what my friend Liz calls her town, Ann Arbor. I think there is just a tiny twinge of facetiousness in that statement. But I am really having a nice vacation here.

I went to the Detroit Institute of Arts yesterday, and saw the Diego Rivera industry murals. They took my breath away. The museum has a new thingy - a multimedia box that looks like a GPS system. It's basically a small touchscreen and kind of like a documentary that explains the murals. Wow wow WOWWW! We spent maybe 1 or 2 hours listening to the explanations about the 27 panels that make up the mural. It gave me a greater depth of understanding and appreciation, and it made me "see" so much more there.











On the way home, we stopped in a local coffee shop to search for a fairy door. Did you know there are many fairy doors to be found in Ann Arbor?