Thursday, August 7, 2008

Green Things



I woke up this morning and had Dr. Oz's green drink. I saw it on Oprah yesterday and decided to drink this for the next few days and see how I feel. Here's the recipe:


1/2 lemon
1 lime
1 bunch parsley
1 head celery
2 cups spinach
1/2 inch peeled ginger
2 cups cucumber or 1 medium cucumber
2 apples

Blend all of the above. Makes 3-4 servings.

It tasted pretty good. The apples make it sweet, not as green as you might expect. The ginger gives it a little zing and spice. I certainly feel healthy. I am usually very bad with eating veggies, so I think this is a good plan for me.

I think I will change it up a bit, it needs more liquid to blend properly. I'll probably put more juice and less veggies.

In woolly news, I listed some Border Leicester BFL X locks in my etsy store today. I call this color "Violent Green." It's so saturated and deep, it makes you take a step back. Whoa.


No comments: