Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Old and New Knitting

I don't consider myself a girly-girl, but I have been thinking of shawls and crochet items lately! I really love the graphic quality of lace. So I thought I'd show a completed project:

















The Swallowtail Shawl by Evelyn Clark from Interweave Knits.
I used Noro Kochoran, so it is a huge shawl. I ran out of Kochoran at the end, so I just made a border in Lamb's Pride Worsted. I think the colors work well together.


And today, I received some beautiful handspun yarn from Joanna at http://www.jojocheng.etsy.com/. She is a lovely person and she spins beautiful yarn. I love the colors of her yarns, and she loves to support other Etsy-ians.















This is destined to be crocheted into an Anne scarf by MK Carroll (on etsy or ravelry). I have made 1 of these in cotton, and have several more in my project queue. One for each of my roommates.

This stunning pattern is actually pretty simple. I keep dreaming of these Anne scarves in every yarn I lay my eyes upon. Hmmmm...

No comments: